Sunday, February 6, 2011

It all started when...

I sealed my fate of becoming a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when I was in the ninth grade.  Through a series of events a couple of friends and I decided that it would be a novel idea to start what we called "Sister Missionary Day".  One day every few weeks where we would dawn skirts, make cookies, and interact with our classmates on a more bubbly level than normal all in hopes to promote happiness in our school.  Kind of silly I know, and even though it required willingly wearing a skirt, I found great joy in it.  There is a great reward that comes as we share the things that matter most to those around us.   As life continued on the idea of devoting a year and a half to wearing a skirt and preaching the goodness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ still lingered in my mind.  When the time actually came that a decision had to be made I could not help from knowing that it was the right thing to do.  Although I have been blessed enough to have been raised in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, my conversion and testimony has come over the years.  Daily testing of the things that I was being taught by my parents and teachers in my own life had helped me come to understand the truth of the restored gospel for myself.  I can not deny what I know.  If I was not willing to share that with others then I would be quite ungrateful for all that my Father in Heaven has given me.  My decision to serve the Lord by sharing His teachings has brought me to beautiful Tennessee.  Daily I get to watch lives change as people come closer to the our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Despite the fact that I am now wearing a skirt every day, and thousands of miles away from home there is nothing else I would rather be doing. The Gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives.  It gives all of God's children purpose and direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment