Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Book of Mormon

There is nothing that brings greater hope into my life than the Book of Mormon.  It is the anchor to my soul.  I know that the promise it contains to bring each of us closer to Christ is true.  The Book of Mormon contains the answers to questions of the soul.  It helps us to better understand where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going.  The best part is that you do not have to take my word for it, or anyone else's.  The final prophet to write in the book gives this promise: "when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost" (Moroni 10:4).  Putting that challenge to the test is how I received my witness of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment